Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WRITERLY WEDNESDAY PICTURE PROMPT - BITTERSWEET



BITTERSWEET


Watching them, my soul’s warmed. He’s a great father. I couldn’t find a better guardian for our son.

My husband is smart, witty, and a great provider. I think of the first time we met in the grocery store. I knew he was following me.

Him: “Excuse me ... can you tell me where the bread is?”
Me: He’s kidding right? “Uh ... if you avert your eyes to the left. Ta da!”
He turns red and smiles: “I’m so blinded by your beauty, I can’t see.”
Me, groaning: “That’s a terrible pick-up line. Does it ever work?”
Him, laughing: “This is the first time I’ve used it. You tell me.”

I stare at him now, a protective arm around our son. I smile. It did.

I feel a pull.

Time to go. You don’t yet know that I’m dead. A car accident two blocks away.

Goodbye my loves.

***

Flash Picture Prompt Provided by:

http://www.writerlycorner.com/writerly-prompts/writerly-wednesday-6152016


Visit me on my Facebook Author Page HERE.





No comments: