Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Writerly Wednesday Flash Fiction Picture Prompt



Mrs. Chicken

After two nasty roosters, attacking anyone in site, ended up in a stew, badgers killed the chicks, no matter what we tried to protect them. A neighbour’s dog killed the hens save one.

One day, I looked out back and saw Mrs. Chicken racing around the side of the house, dog right behind. I grabbed my husband’s air pistol that resembled a forty-five revolver and ran to the front of the house, yanked the door open, jumped into the stance with gun aimed, my eyes scanning the right of the front yard. Nothing. I swung my body to the left, still in shooting stance, gun aimed and ready.

There stood a customer for our home-based business, flattened against his car in fear.

After explaining the situation minus one hen or dog to prove it out, he shook his head and laughed.

“You sure have an aggressive sales technique.” 

*** 

Flash Fiction Picture Prompt Provided by: 
http://www.writerlycorner.com/writerly-prompts/writerly-wednesday-1192016#comments



 Visit me at my Facebook Author Page Here.

No comments: